Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: November 06, 2013 10:18PM

...because they are worked hard enough without it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QYlDLChzig#t=18

It's like saying that slaves don't need freedom, they work hard enough as it is.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jujubee ( )
Date: November 06, 2013 10:42PM

well, I think women have alot going on..I would like women to have a voice in tscc, but I would want to see the the stress level of an LDS woman taking care of her large brood, perhaps a job, and be bishop, while being a wife. Too much.

There needs to be discusion abt what is the phood and what is cultural (like prayers)

Posted by: obiwan ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 04:24AM

If women had the priesthood, and the responsibilities that come with it their stress levels should be the same as men. Unfortunately we know how sexist LDS Inc is and men in the church certainly would not agree to an equal share of the burden when it comes to raising the "brood" or house work, or quilting and scrap booking. THAT is the reason why womens stress would skyrocket, not because they are not capable, but because men are still in control and hold the celestial purse strings.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 10:54AM

I do believe that's true. I've always thought it's not that men don't want to share the burden of runing the church with women, they don't want it turned on them and be told that they have to share the housework and child rearing duties. Not to mention the scrapbooking.

Date: November 07, 2013 12:31PM

obiwan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If women had the priesthood, and the
> responsibilities that come with it their stress
> levels should be the same as men. Unfortunately we
> know how sexist LDS Inc is and men in the church
> certainly would not agree to an equal share of the
> burden when it comes to raising the "brood" or
> house work, or quilting and scrap booking. THAT is
> the reason why womens stress would skyrocket, not
> because they are not capable, but because men are
> still in control and hold the celestial purse
> strings.

That's true.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: November 06, 2013 10:45PM

That said, according to Mormon Church doctrine (now abandoned), Mormon women have had the priesthood independently of men, through their own temple endowment.

Historian D. Michael Quinn has written extensively on the subject.

Here's the link that Sister Dew should acquaint herself with: http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,628690

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2013 10:54PM by steve benson.

Date: November 06, 2013 10:48PM

and responsibility galore. yuck

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 11:00AM

Someone posted some quotes yesterday from the relief society minutes they found at josephsmithpapers... Joe taught the women that the laying on of hands for healing the sick was a gift of the spirit, not a power of the priesthood. I had seen other journal entries about sisters giving blessings and/or standing in on blessings. The relief society minutes confirm that this was taught.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: November 06, 2013 10:57PM

Mormon women get to cover their obese bodies with Mormon underwear because they keep having more and more kids. Mormon women get to submiss to a husband. Mormon women get to be plural wives in the CK. Did sherri Dew mention that? NO

Posted by: INFO ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 11:03AM

I just want to say that out of the TBM married women with children in my family, only one is obese. She only has 3 kids too. Everyone else is relatively in shape, & one of the skinniest ones has 7 kids.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: November 06, 2013 11:01PM

That was why they didn't need the vote either.

Sheri Dew, charging headlong into the sensibilities of the late 1800s.

Posted by: mew ( )
Date: November 06, 2013 11:23PM

I had a "conversation" once with Sheri Dew. I was 8 mo. prego and wanted to go to Time out for Women. They sold out after I bought my group of tickets. They decided that people would just get put in the overflow. I was like, uh, can't sit in a metal chair all day 8 mo. prego in the summer. Well, lets just say it is as bad speaking to her as it is talking with a "priesthood" holder. WOW..it took some major begging and threatening to make them refund my money before she agreed. I got great treatment after that, front, row, padded seats. But still, she is hard to speak with and just as hard headed as the 15.

Excuse me..OVER sold after we purchased our group tickets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2013 11:24PM by mew.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 12:06AM

Posted by: jazzdreamer ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 08:49AM

Posted by: brance Amussen ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 11:08AM

Fine for a closeted lesbian to say...

Posted by: notion ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 12:47PM

secret is out: men don't need the priesthood either ;)

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 01:08PM

Of course women don't need the imaginary juju power men have conferred upon themselves.

John the Baptist, a locust-eating homeless screamer that you would call the police to have removed from the front of your building, COMES BACK FROM THE DEAD and passes on his blanket juju (or mana) to only the men.

And the women want it.

In college, we studied that group in the South Sea islands who believed in mana---the people who used pig count as manifestations of god's blessings, and curses. If you pig died, it was because you did something bad. If your pigs thrived, it was god blessing you for your faithfulness.

I trust Mormon lurkers are squirming now because this should be sounding kinda familiar. Google...

force of life - mana
force of life - chi
force of life - juju
force of life - chakra
force of life - prana

Mana is the power that keeps your pigs alive. When a person in this society wanted to curse someone else, they did voodoo and took away their mana. A person so cursed actually died because of their belief that they would. This is not one of my folklore tales- this is documented by anthropologists.

When Mormons want to punish someone, they take away their priesthood, and then their membership. They "curse" them by projecting on the whole society that this person must be shunned because they are degenerating in holiness, and have or will be sinning.

Just like loincloth-wearing savages, they force other members to shun the castout by threatening them with expulsion if they associate with the castout.*

This is the reason women are no longer allowed to give healing blessings. Priesthood is no longer an office in the church, it has morphed into "mana."

So we have women deprived of the power to dispense mana in daily lives. Even most of the primitive societies don't do this. Mormon women beg for a man to come and give their baby a blessing-- they want that oil and that penis to bring down the healing power of god.

I have one thing to say to women demanding the priesthood:

WAKE UP! You are in a prison of delusion and are fighting men for the power to bind the atmosphere to the earth.

Anagrammy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2013 05:12PM by anagrammy.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.