Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: October 31, 2013 10:04AM

1) In the ward(s) you were/are in, how many people were on your membership lists?
2) How many of those were active vs inactive?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: greatstanding ( )
Date: October 31, 2013 10:28AM

1. Currently, there are 200 households and 460 member records in the ward.

2. Our "% members attending sacrament meeting" from the quarterly report is at 46% for the third quarter. There are roughly 200 people at sacrament meeting each week.

Posted by: I believed this all, once... ( )
Date: October 31, 2013 10:29AM

A ward clerk would be the best source of this information.

P.S. I was recently (October 29, 2013) called by a man in "my" ward asking me to provide dinner for some sister missionaries. My reply was that I had sent in a resignation letter to church headquarters in Salt Lake City in March of 1995.

So I assume I am still listed as a "member" on their rolls. I think even if you are put in a "no contact" file, those desperate bastards will STILL claim you are a member.

Posted by: amos2 ( )
Date: October 31, 2013 10:54AM

Amazingly, as a TBM rotating through a few "ward council" callings, I didnt even question our methods of maximizing %'s.
We claimed to have home taught hundreds of people who were DNCs based on the principle thats the maximum contact theyd tolerate...none...so duty fulfilled.

Posted by: oceanluvr ( )
Date: October 31, 2013 05:56PM

Coastal based ward, 600 members, 100 attend

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 31, 2013 06:00PM

I was...I guess. I kept getting automated calls about all kinds of ward goings on and $hit even after I resigned. So I called the bish, whom I've never met and asked if he could stop all contact. So he did and was very cordial about it.

Ron Burr

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2013 06:00PM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Posted by: Alpiner ( )
Date: October 31, 2013 06:30PM

Worst ward I ever saw was Fort Pierce, Florida (can't recall if it was named Ft. Pierce or Port St. Lucie). Over 600 names on the roster, fewer than 75 attending on Sunday.

My ward in Alpine is growing as houses get built, but there's no real organic growth.

Posted by: stbleaving ( )
Date: October 31, 2013 08:26PM

The last time I was in a position to see the real numbers with my own eyes, the ward I was in had over 800 names on the list with an average sacrament meeting attendance of less than 100. In reality, there were about 20 people keeping the ward afloat and trying not to keel over from exhaustion.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.