Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Battle-Ax ( )
Date: October 29, 2013 10:24PM

My Daughter was asked to leave the young single adult Halloween party tonight. What was her sin. She wore her Red Sox's baseball shirt and a beard. She was a Red Sox's baseball player. FYI I guess all the Red Sox's players are sporting beards until they win the world series. I guess she was deemed to be a cross dresser.

I would like to bare my testimony that I know the church is working day and night to protect our youth from the sins of the world and to make anything in church with the least bit of fun banned. Dumb asses!!!!! On the bright side she said most of the parties are no fun anyway, so she went to the mall with some friends to gets some eats, yes shirts beard and all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: DebbiePA ( )
Date: October 29, 2013 10:28PM

Cross dressing, really? REALLY??? It's Halloween!!!!!

They really are bat-shit crazy, aren't they?

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: October 29, 2013 11:51PM

DebbiePA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They really are bat-@#$%& crazy, aren't they?

Yup!!!

But mostly, I think, they are desperate and thrashing. At least at the higher levels of power, they know this is the beginning of the denouement.

It may take some decades to slowly wind down to whatever stable position they will then be able to maintain indefinitely, but the "Mormon Moment" in American history has now peaked, and what once was, will never be again.

Posted by: GQ Cannonball ( )
Date: October 29, 2013 10:48PM

Yes indeed, this is what happens to us when we hang out with....dumb asses.

Reminds me of ridiculous interactions I had with Mo-crazy adults when I was her age. I don't miss those people and I'm sure she won't either.

Posted by: xnorth ( )
Date: October 29, 2013 10:51PM

Okay, if she'd been dressed as a Yankee player I can see kicking her out. But a Red Sox player?! Blasphemy. She should have told them to Get Beard and refused to leave.

Posted by: an991 ( )
Date: October 29, 2013 10:58PM

I like you

Posted by: decieved for years ( )
Date: October 29, 2013 10:52PM

Should of dressed as a turd....... Most of the people there have there head in there ass-cracks anyways.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: October 29, 2013 11:26PM

That's really crazy, because in 1987, many of the YW dressed in male drag (mustaches & all) for the ward Halloween party (when they were still calling it that), & they weren't kicked out.

Posted by: crookedletter ( )
Date: October 29, 2013 11:49PM

She should have shown them a BYU "beard card." Haha

Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: October 29, 2013 11:51PM

Posted by: ellenl ( )
Date: October 29, 2013 11:55PM

I think her costume was clever!

Sorry they tried to spoil her fun.

There is no room in LDS for a young woman with a mind of her own.

Posted by: releve ( )
Date: October 30, 2013 12:07AM

I'm sorry that your daughter missed out on a party. I hope that she was more angry than sad. I hope her friends thought the rule was ridiculous. Maybe something good will come out of this unfortunate event.

Posted by: archytas ( )
Date: October 30, 2013 12:09AM

Does that mean Dr. Frank-N-Furter is banned too? :P

Posted by: Curious ( )
Date: October 30, 2013 07:59AM

Didn't BY's son or grandson perform in drag in the theatre?

Posted by: politicaljunkie ( )
Date: October 30, 2013 08:11AM

What would they think of all these parents letting their kids dress in animal costumes? Heavenly Father forbid, those children mock the natural order of things by pretending to be entirely different species. But I suppose that's okay as long as boys stay as bulls and roosters, and girls stay as cows and hens.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 12:13AM

this was a party for adults? God have mercy!!!

Well you can look at this way, maybe this incident will show your daughter what depressing, drone like, robotic, ignorant, hurtful behavior the Mormon church calls christlike.

It is Holloween, and the Mormon church forgot to take their jello enema tonight.

Tell your daughter her costume sound pretty cool. I 've always wanted to be Barbra Streisand being Yentil costume myself.

Posted by: snuckafoodberry ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 12:43AM

Did you leave out the part where she wasn't wearing pants or something?

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 02:14AM

I thought you were going to bear your testimony that the church was doing everything they possibly could to offend the most possible members right out of the church because of their stupidity.

We had a talent show a few years ago and the bishop, the former bishop and all the young men dressed up as girls and sang "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun." I don't think this insanity is church wide. But it's crazy none the less.

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 02:28AM

In JSs day she would be pregnant with her 2nd kid.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 02:33AM

The last laugh: Red Sox won the World Series!!

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 04:06AM

I first noticed this policy about 15 years ago. A TSCC Halloween party flyer had it plainly printed along the bottom: NO CROSSDRESSING ALLOWED!

They're just clothes. What is their f-ing point here, do you think?? I it just a patriarchal reaction, a fear of gender expression of any kind that departs from the rigid Mormon stereotype?

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 09:06AM

Women surely wear uniforms when they play baseball on a team, so it is not cross-dressing. The beard can be worn by the circus "bearded lady". Hence, wearing a baseball uniform (shirt only) and a beard is NOT cross-dressing.

Posted by: LabansWidow ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 04:52AM

I always loved neverMo and less active YW or YSA women showing up to a church dance in jeans or slacks. They'd be refused entry, in spite of the clothes being completely modest. To go home and change could easily mean a drive of 1 hour or more.

For some inexplicable reason these women often refused to have anything further to do with the church. The important thing is that "standards" were upheld.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 09:20AM

Right. But they felt The Spiritâ„¢ about how Modesty is True, and so they went home and changed out of their slutwear and immediately called the missionaries begging to be baptized. What a marvelous work and a wonder!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.