Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Not Impressed At All ( )
Date: October 18, 2013 06:10PM

Well, October 18 is pretty much done, and no October surprise. I guess the guy claiming he had such epic information is a liar, just like everyone else who claims to have "the goods" on TSCC.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: October 18, 2013 06:18PM

God save me from idiots.

Posted by: erictheex ( )
Date: October 19, 2013 01:39AM

hurry everyone, lets impress him!

Posted by: Hold Your Tapirs ( )
Date: October 18, 2013 06:48PM

There's already been an explanation about why it would be late. I suppose you don't follow the board very closely.

Date: October 18, 2013 06:51PM

No, I read it, and I do follow this board closely, but that wasn't an "explanation." It was an excuse designed to detract from the fact that he's got nothing but lies. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I doubt it. This "surprise" was supposed to be unveiled at a convention, remember, and he shrunk away like a coward. So there's that to remember. He has zero credibility.

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: October 18, 2013 07:09PM

LOL you do realize the convention begins tonight, right? I'd give him all weekend, except he's already announced he won't be there.
But seriously, you don't even know when THE exmo convention is?

Date: October 18, 2013 06:49PM

And "the goods" are already out, newsflash...it was a con!

Posted by: FredOi ( )
Date: October 18, 2013 06:54PM

Maybe Its pretty hard having first hand information (that would blow people away) but not knowing how to release that without ABSOLUTELY burning someone and ******* them and their job up good and proper.
That's one consideration

Date: October 18, 2013 06:56PM

Who cares? If that is the case, that person can pack his or her bags and find another job. Releasing the information, if it even exists--and his track record has proven it doesn't--is more important than one person's petty job.

Posted by: Oi ( )
Date: October 18, 2013 07:19PM

Yeah, so my friend loses his job for spilling the beans on an apostle and a highly likely marital indiscretion. (Read: hooker) and lord help him pay his mortgage for 3 months.
But our egos are satisfied.
Because he has to do it...now!

I was not referring to the GAs job

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: October 19, 2013 12:16AM

Talk about egos... LOL

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: October 18, 2013 10:15PM

I'm not mormon. Was it a big surprise to you to hear someone had the second anointing and then left the church?

Was his interview a big surprise? Did you listen to the whole thing? I did. I really enjoyed it.

Was it a surprise for you to learn Smith used a rock in his hat? :)

Was it a surprise when you learned about the Book of Abraham and Fannie Alger?

Late at night when you look in the bathroom mirror do you think about the crazy religion you're stuck in?

Posted by: mondaymorning ( )
Date: October 18, 2013 07:15PM

Boys and girls let's all calm down. This is the thread where he addresses the timing of the surprise directly.

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1039524,1039895#msg-1039895

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: October 18, 2013 08:41PM

This sounds like TBM trolling. Give it time.

If you followed the conversation from before, Tom said that it wasn't all in his control.

So quit calling Tom a liar. If you were depending on Tom to show you that the church is a cold pile of shit, then when you denigrate others' reading comprehension you're truly ironic.

Posted by: kokaubeammeup ( )
Date: October 18, 2013 10:31PM

November 18th. Big surprise coming. You heard it here first. Lots of juicy information.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 18, 2013 10:44PM

I don't know what's more annoying, someone throwing around the word lie like an overly self-righteous third grader, or yet another person pretending to be part of some in-crowd.

Spare me the surprise of the month club. Unless you were trying to be funny, in which case, take your act on the road for a while, polish it up.

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: October 19, 2013 12:03AM

Not Impressed At All Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, October 18 is pretty much done, and no
> October surprise. I guess the guy claiming he had
> such epic information is a liar, just like
> everyone else who claims to have "the goods" on
> TSCC.

Honestly, you're an asshole. Tom makes no secret about his identity. Why don't you man up and reveal yours if you're gonna call him out and call him a liar.

Oh, and last time I checked, October isn't over yet. Why don't you go back to FAIR where you belong.

Posted by: Leaving ( )
Date: October 19, 2013 01:20AM

In the other thread Tom wrote:

"First, I never coined the term 'October Surprise' and second, I never mentioned it would be GC weekend. This whole thing grew legs after I made an off the cuff remark.

That said, I am expecting to announce something before the end of October (exact timing is not totally in my control). Whether it is a surprise or anything big, I will leave to you to judge. I personally think it will be both a 'surprise' and 'big' but that is only my personal opinion for what it is worth."

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 19, 2013 01:40AM

You sound disappointed.

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: October 19, 2013 02:17AM

What? Didn't you hear? BKP was caught "managing" his little factory and now it's all over the internet!

Posted by: erictheex ( )
Date: October 19, 2013 02:21AM

I am very surprised that this year October had only 18 days.

Date: October 19, 2013 08:17AM

Honestly, the hangers-on are silly.

Of course October isn't over yet, but the big "reveal" was supposed to be on the 18th. Of course, he was also supposed to unveil it at the convention, which he backed out of in cowardice.

Now he comes out with excuses, saying it's not in his "control." Excuses, excuses. Face it, he LIED to you and you fell for it.

And my identity? It's not really relevant to this thread.

Date: October 19, 2013 08:32AM

Who's the bigger con here? Joseph Smith or Tom?

Seriously, you sound like you have an axe to grind. Head on over to mormonThink, read up with an open mind and you'll start to see that it's all a huge con and that Joseph was nothing more than a narssissitic hack.

Date: October 19, 2013 08:37AM

You seem a lot more worked up about it than we are. When AO has something to say, he will say it. He's already shared plenty of information with us. I learned the details about the second annointing because of him.

Honestly, he could have come to the convention, focused on that in his talk, and people would have been fascinated. He couldn't come for personal reasons. Exmos have other things going on in their lives.

Date: October 19, 2013 09:11AM

And honestly, your handle should be "Not Impressive at All". I doubt the mormon jesus would be happy with your petty behavior.

Posted by: Who Needs to Impress You? ( )
Date: October 19, 2013 08:52AM

Susan or others in charge, will you please call out this troll? Where is he/she trolling from? Are they a regular poster with a multiple handle?

Clearly a troll. Please call them out.

Date: October 19, 2013 08:55AM

I know, I know, anyone who dares disagree with you is a troll.

We've seen stunts like one this guy's pulled before. If anyone need to be called out to put up or shut up, it is he.

It must be sad going through life thinking that those who feel differently than you are "trolls." Heaven forfend you think for yourself.

Date: October 19, 2013 08:59AM

> If anyone need to be called out to put up or shut up, it is he.

Why him in particular? You seem to be bent on a personal vendetta. Does it bother you that someone that high up the Mormon chain of command left the church in such a public manner?

Date: October 19, 2013 09:08AM

It's probably Jeff Holland. ;-)

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: October 19, 2013 09:12AM

Posted by: mondaymorning ( )
Date: October 19, 2013 09:03AM

> I know, I know, anyone who dares disagree with you
> is a troll.
>
> We've seen stunts like one this guy's pulled
> before. If anyone need to be called out to put up
> or shut up, it is he.
>
> It must be sad going through life thinking that
> those who feel differently than you are "trolls."
> Heaven forfend you think for yourself.

We've seen stunts like this when the founder of your church told the women he married that they'd go to heaven; all 30+ women. Especially the minors he married. Big promise.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.