Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lilith ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 12:21PM

I posted this to a shortlived thread and just wanted to post it separately.

"I have been here a long time and there are oldtimers here who have made it their exmo calling to help people. They add posts on the important issues on a regular basis. They deserve a medal. They aren't here because they cant leave the church alone. They are here to help. A big exmo blessing on these real saints and especially to the board moderators/ originators."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 12:52PM

I've been here since 2002.

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 12:53PM

Posted by: romy ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 01:25PM

I completely agree, thank you to them! Some of them were very helpful with responses to my early posts and I see them continue to do so and I know they've been doing so much longer that I've been around to notice. For years and years and probably hundreds of "this is my first post/I or my spouse just realized the fraud and it's causing problems" there are many who just keep being there to respond with support and helpful advice.

I do so occasionally but for the most part I read the responses of others and don't spend near as much time on the board as I once did so I know personally I'm not very helpful to my fellow posters but a HUGE hats off to those who are here everyday and provide the help and insight that they do. You have personally helped me,especially in my early days on the board, and I know many others would say the same, thank you!

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 01:38PM

That's how I feel. I've been here a few years and the help, direction, advice and sympathy posters gave me was invaluable. I don't think I could have left without the help. I want to return the favor, sympathize and encourage those going through what I went through and share whatever information I've been able to cobble together.

As far as leaving the church alone, off-line I rarely talk to anyone about the church. I'm not actively trying to recruit people to leave - I don't even much care if the church caves. I would like something to happen so the members see what brats they are being to non-LDS but other than that, live and let live. But I am here to help those who ask for help. It's called gratitude.

Posted by: rogertheshrubber ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 04:47PM

You rock, CA girl. You are definitely one who has helped me.

Posted by: releve ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 01:47PM

Yes, we all know who you mean. I'm one of the lucky people who left TSCC without too much damage, but even I have received encouragement and empathy from those you mention. I am thankful for their presence here. I believe their sage advice and compassion are invaluable to those who face serious trials.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 04:44PM

I post thoughts from time to time in order to stimulate the unenchanted to think through periferal issues.
Many times I find my posts unread but those who actually read and ponder the thoughts can gain from them.

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 07:20PM

Just because you don't get a comment, doesn't mean your posts aren't read and appreciated!

Posted by: thinker ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 08:30PM

I don't know if I would have ever found my way out of the Morg without the help of alot of these "veterans"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.