Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 10:58AM

Are the beehive symbols that Mormons put all over temple square, and many of their older buildings, supposed to look like the tip of a dick? I mean I see dicks everywhere in Mormonism. Also, the beehives look like penises.

Don't believe me? I first noticed this looking at the old Tabernacle organ. Look at the two big pipes. They each have a "beehive" on top of them that makes them look exactly like giant penises. Noticing these, got me looking at the official beehive logo. It's the tip of a dick. Why else would a beehive represent the priesthood? It looks like to me, that they were just trying to find a way to disguise the penises, so they looked like something else. Kind of like how they try to disguise the 15 penises that head the church, as prophets and apostles.

This can't be a coincidence can it? I mean early Mormonism was obsessed with sex in such a way that modern prudish Mormonism is incapable of understanding. I mean those old perverts back in the day were sending guys away on missions so they could sleep with their wives, so it isn't a stretch to imagine that they would use phallic imagery in their symbology, is it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Still Lurking ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 11:04AM

Yes, definitely as you have observed: Mormonism is full of dicks- here in the moridor, I deal with their behavior daily.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 11:06AM

I once saw a photo of some garden area of a temple and instantly noticed phalluses popping up everywhere. I'm going to try and find it.

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 11:44AM

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2013 02:40PM by jiminycricket.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 11:51AM

The little cherubs on the top look a little like, well... you get the idea.

Posted by: utahstateagnostics ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 12:43PM

They're called "Bee Skeps"

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Bee_Skep,_stand_and_landing_board,_Skansen,_Stockholm.jpg

They're basically an overturned basket woven out of grass/straw.

Not exactly the model of efficiency, as you basically had to destroy the whole thing to get to the honey.

Posted by: Craig ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 01:48PM

It is from Masonry just like everything else in the temple.

From Wikipedia:

In modern times, it is used in Freemasonry. In masonic lectures it is explained as a symbol of industry and co-operation,[21] and as cautioning against intellectual laziness, warning that "he that will so demean himself as not to be endeavoring to add to the common stock of knowledge and understanding, may be deemed a drone in the hive of nature, a useless member of society, and unworthy of our protection as Masons."[22]

The beehive is also used with similar meaning by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, or Mormons. From Mormon usage it has become one of the State symbols of Utah. (See deseret.)

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 01:55PM

It still looks like a dick.

That said, while it is a Masonic symbol, I believe the church uses it differently then the Masons. While the Masons use it as a warning about becoming a mindless drone, Mormonism is all about one walking down that path.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 02:21PM

Here's a statue of a God from the Cook Islands. Nobody has to wonder what he's trying to say.

The Christian missionaries try to eradicate this little guy by burning piles of them. It didn't work.

There are stone carved ones in the park, and different versions of him at the front door of every business. Of course I couldn't leave there without one.

Ironically there weren't any bare breasted female statues anywhere. Just naked men. There was a 12 foot long penis hanging above the reception desk at the hotel. There were little men perched on it like they were rowing it like a canoe. Hilarious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cook_Islands_carved_wood_figure,_British_Museum.jpg

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.