Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 10:41PM

We're damn fortunate to have wizards behind the scenes who go to the heroic lengths that they do to keep this site up and running for our collective need and convenience.

Wizards who, by the way, are only human and deserve their monthly break.

If some complainers here don't like Admin's managerial choice to give themselves a bit of time once a month to take a breath and relax, may I suggest that these grumpers raise the private capital needed to build their own alternative forum; marshal the technicians required to keep that system of theirs running; and bring on the moderators necessary to protect their own set-up that is in any way comparable to this one.

This site's administrators stays up late, dealing with all kinds of issues (not just trolls), such as:

--taking input from posters with their own personal challenges and complaints;

--working with RfM-assigned volunteer techs who scramble to unscramble problems when, say, the board's electronic internals might be affected by weather in the area where the hardware is located that powers the board in the first place;

--involving themselves in ongoing revamping of the board's bells and whistles in order to accomodate the needs of its users, including making resources for recovery more easily navigatable on this site;

--soliciting (on singularly rare occasions) donations when income is sorely needed for vital upgrades and innovations;

--putting up with gripes from certain folks who think that RfM's moderators don't deserve a monthly break; and

--etc., etc., etc.

It's a huge job, requiring a lot of patience, perserverance and commitment to the cause.

It seems like some snipers here do not fully appreciate the challenges that come witb managing the technical operational matters of this place; the personal counseling services provided for struggling, vulnerable, searching people who come here for help; and the firewall systems put in place and constantly monitored to keep LDS Inc.'s frantic flying monkeys from taking down this invaluable haven for recovery.

To those who are on a relentless rampage against this board's administrators, you appear to have a gigantic burr under your saddle, for reasons that are simply baffling, bizarre and battering. If these ankle biters want to demonstrate to all present how much better they would be at administering this site, I suggest that they volunteer and start slogging away in the trenches, proving to everyone else that they are somehow a cut above the collection of seasoned, able moderators, technicians and others who keep this place running for (ironically enough) certain grumpy growlers who regularly inhabit and criticize what has been created for them.

Edited 12 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2013 11:08PM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: up ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 10:45PM

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 10:48PM

HERE HERE!!

Or is it: Hear Hear! :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2013 10:51PM by SusieQ#1.

Posted by: Alpiner ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 10:49PM

I'll add my two cents. This is one of the few forums on the Internet that:

-- Permits anonymous commenting
-- Has no ads
-- Deals with such a polarizing topic

This business model requires a lot of admin overhead to keep out the spam, keep things moderated, and otherwise provide a decent experience from an interactive standpoint.

To the admins, my hat is off to you.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 10:54PM

Send a donation to take them out to dinner if you can afford it. They all deserve it. They are some of the most dedicated volunteers i've ever seen.

They're the reason that 1000's of exmormons have the information, support, and and truth about mormonism. They've literally broke the sound barrier that the mormon church thought it had firmly in place. IMO, this board deserves only encouragement, and support.
There's zero reason to complain.

In fact, shouldn't you guys be off the air so to speak?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2013 10:55PM by madalice.

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 11:00PM

It amazes me the selfless work that they've put in day after day for more than a dozen years just to help people who need a place like this to shake off the cult shackles. And with nary a pop-up ad to generate any revenue. My thanks to you.

Posted by: NeverMo in CA ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 12:20PM

Hervey Willets Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It amazes me the selfless work that they've put in
> day after day for more than a dozen years just to
> help people who need a place like this to shake
> off the cult shackles. And with nary a pop-up ad
> to generate any revenue. My thanks to you.

+100! Thanks Susan and Eric.

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 11:02PM

In the name of Surfer Jesus is Hawwwt, ahhhh,men.

Thanks Susan, Eric, Deconstructor, et. al., who put up with the lot of us.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 11:06PM

CZ, Concrete Zipper is the other admin. And you are all very welcome :).

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 11:08PM

Oh, yeah, Concrete Zipper. Thanks to all of you. I imagine your work here can feel like being permanently called to the Primary nursery.

Posted by: montanaexmo ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 11:28AM

We will never know the full reach and ripple effect of this board. It still amazes me at how much traffic there is here and the constancy of that traffic flow. That says to me there are a lot of people reading this board and even the lurkers are learning the truth about tscc. It wasn't that long ago that we exmos had no way to communicate except by the occasional discussion or letter. The world wide sweep of this board and the ability we now have to communicate and enlighten each other will, over time, do more to rein in moisim than anything else that could have happened. Keeping all of this running must be mind boggling and I give profuse thanks to all of the parties that started RfM and keep it running. Your work will reverberate through the decades with profound impacts on legions of former TBMs and their offspring. Thank you for all a you do and the time, money and effort you devote to this board. It is deeply appreciated by many of us.

Posted by: jong1064 ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 12:19PM

I couldn't have said it better, montanaexmo. My personal gratitude for this board goes beyond what words can express and I am more than happy to donate money whenever the opportunity arises. If there is any other way to show appreciation to the administration of this board, please make me aware. I agree that you will never know how many lives you have changed, and even saved by your dedication and service here. Thank you doesn't even come close to expressing my feelings.

Posted by: releve ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 01:52PM

Well said.

Posted by: chronic lurker ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 11:49AM

I also wanted to say thanks to all those who make this board possible. I am sure it must take a lot to maintain. I think taking a break every month is great- it gives d-bag nerds like Steve (not steve benson- I'm talking about the obnoxious jerk that started this discussion in another thread) the chance to come out of their mom's basement for a weekend. Steve, maybe take the time off next month to look for a job or something.

Posted by: wideawake ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 12:10PM

I will add my thanks and appreciation to this list for the dedicated people who do an amazing job of keeping this site up and running wonderfully. even though i'm a nevermo, this site helped me deal with my painful brush with mo'ism. one day off in the month is nothing and more than deserved (besides on this end its a good time to catch up on all the interesting stuff written here!).

great job admins!!!

Posted by: Wild&Wonderful ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 12:44PM

yes, thank you, this seems to be the only place some of to come chat about our issues, and it's a very charitable act apparently.... I finally stopped caring if "lurkers" are reading/ watching because you realize it is them and not you. I mean I don't waste my time monitoring what certain Mormon familiy members DO all the time. I have a life. :)

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 12:58PM

Today is Canadian Thanksgiving, and I'd first like to thank the owners and administrators of this site for providing such a wonderful forum for all of us, and secondly to all of you who have provided sooo much information about the LDS church I was never aware of. Thank you.

Ron Burr

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 01:10PM

Thank you. Leaving the church is not easy and this board has been a great help for me.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 02:50PM

'Cause I will kick your a**!

Timothy

Posted by: shakinthedust ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 03:04PM

Thanks admins. If I'd had this community 30 yrs ago,I'd have left sooner and saved myself some time and tithing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.