Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 08:25PM

I'm super happy to be spending the day in Burlington Vermont.

I make it a point to spend one day (at least) each season really being super mindful of that particular season. A summer day at the beach, getting really invested in the day. A spring walk focusing on the tiny sprouts coming up. A walk through crunching snow.

Tomorrow is my purposeful autumn day, and I can't wait.

Screw the Mormons. I'll feel the spirit more tomorrow than most of them will in cult class.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 08:28PM

My husband is gone into the wilderness to play hunter guy.

I'm going shopping to play gather girl.

See, the old ways still work.

Posted by: spwdone ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 08:29PM

Taking my son out to breakfast (he's 21, and we make "dates" to get together so I can find out what's up in his life!); painting the bathroom and working. Have to 'cuz I took last weekend off for anniversary trip with the hubby. Which was awesome, btw.

Posted by: pathfinder ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 08:30PM

Nascar in Charlotte NC...

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 08:35PM

Everyday is pretty much the same for me now. Thank goodness the computer has the day listed or I would lose track! :-)

I spend the majority of my time, now that I love alone, doing what I want, what I like and what needs to be done. I have a couple of projects; my Grief Therapy that I devote some time to a few times a week. I have been writing short articles on my experience every few months. I will also be finishing up the hand cut, hand made greeting cards in a few months which are gifts to family and friends.

I have never lived in such a stress-free, comfortable, content state in my life! I'm grateful that I am comfortable in my own skin! It's a new kind of freedom. It seems like a reward some days! :-)

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 08:39PM

Isn't Sunday a great day now? Swear to god it used to be my most dreaded hated day and now it is my bestest one!

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 09:24PM

Levi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Isn't Sunday a great day now? Swear to god it used
> to be my most dreaded hated day and now it is my
> bestest one!

For me? Yes. It was stressful. I always had to be there early, we had a bunch of kids (some didn't want to go but too young to leave home alone), only one car... etc.

Church activity was very stressful- so glad I left it many years ago!

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 08:42PM

Making my very first torte for breakfast/brunch, Garlic plumped chicken for dinner, and breathlessly awaiting The Walking Dead season premiere. Maybe another mosaic to pass the time.

Posted by: Southern ExMo ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 08:55PM

I'm going to be running a half-marathon.

My first one ever.

Beats sitting through SM...

Posted by: onlinemoniker ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 08:56PM

Run in the morning. It's going to be drizzly again.

Then will probably cook something. I've been wanting to make Chik'n a la king for awhile, or possibly veggie soup.

Clean the house--well, I tell myself I will, anyway.

Finish the Buddhism powerpoint for the comparative religions class I'm teaching.

Posted by: olemare ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 09:16PM

I will be trying to pack more boxes. I hate every minute of it. I don't want to move or make these decisions now. I want to have time to mourn, to breath. Time to get the tears out. But I have to find a storage unit, decide what to put there, decide who I am now that Dad is gone and I don't get to take care of him any more. I miss him so very much. Spend Sunday alone and sad, trying to heal, trying to move on, praying for comfort, wondering who I'm praying to.

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 10:55PM

Sleeping 'til noon, making a big breakfast with some bacon, potatoes, and eggs from the Amish market. I'm taking some vacation this week, and have a vintage Singer sewing machine as my project to be cleaned and refurbished. Wish me luck.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 11:01PM

The usual. Shopping, football, beer ... maybe attend Mass. I need a really, really laid back day after the week I've had. By Monday, I should be ready to post about it. :)

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 11:04PM

And working on maternity clothes. Playing with the girls of course. Going to do some pics of them in their Halloween outfits. And I just got my sumac so I want to try to make this:

Mussakhan--Palestinian Chicken
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UR52FJ-nzSc

Posted by: swiper ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 11:06PM

NFL, beer, sex, and food. In no particular order.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.