Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: brothernotofjared ( )
Date: October 11, 2013 05:28PM

WKRC Channel 12 Cincinnati just ran an update on Joseph the dog who was tied outside to a tree for four years.

http://www.local12.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/update-joseph-dog-found-chained-tree-3669.shtml

Since going to the Vet Hospital in West Chester, OH, he has gained 13 pounds, his ear infections are under control and they expect to start treating him for heartworms as soon as he gets a little bit stronger. He is looking very good - his face and body are filling out and his hair is growing back in.

The Butler County sheriff has contacted local State Representatives about creating a felony level charge for severe animal neglect. PAWS, the animal rights organization that saved Joseph, is planning a large demonstration on Oct. 28, the day Jeremy Shane Temple, Joseph's former owner, goes to court on animal abuse and neglect charges.

The happy ending is that almost 2,000 people have contacted officials with offers to adopt Joseph.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 11, 2013 07:26PM

Poor Joseph. He looks so pitifully thin. I hope that he gets a family who completely spoils him. He will love living in a real home and being able to curl up in front of a nice warm fire.

Posted by: gigzilla47 ( )
Date: October 27, 2013 11:15AM

How is it that this lowlife pice of trash Templeton is not in jail for his abuse? I truly hope that he is hounded by animal lovers and other members of his neighborhood until he has to move away... he is garbage.

Posted by: carolyn ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 07:22PM

please post pictures of Joseph the dog. I pray for him every day. Thank you

Posted by: brothernot of jared ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 10:38AM

I got the charges wrong. Temple was charged with "animal torture, chaining and having an unlicensed dog."

Posted by: susie r ( )
Date: March 21, 2014 06:46PM

thank God there are people out there who care enough to rescue these dogs.The bastard who did this should have been locked up for a long time and banned for life from owning animals

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.