Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: maria ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 11:23AM

They LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE.

And you know what?

Their lies HURT PEOPLE!

If I could go back in a time machine and punch JSJr square in the face, I would. Over and over and over again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mav ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 11:34AM

Posted by: BYUAlumnuts ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 11:51AM

This lying damn church. They even have the media repeating their PR lies.

Take polygamy for example. They've "abandoned" polygamy. Yeah, right. As long as you ignore what goes on in their temples. *wink* *wink*

I watched Gordon B. Hinckley lie three times:

- He lied about knowing Mark Hoffman.

- He lied in a Time magazine interview saying that the church didn't have a polyamy doctrine.

- He lied on the Larry King show when asked about becoming Gods and he said, "I don't know that we teach that." Then to confirm his lie, he got up in the next General Conference and told the congregation not to be concerned about what they may have heard him say in a recent interview; that he knew church doctrine quite well. The whole congregation laughed as if their wise old leader had pulled the wool over the country's eyes. What a lying bastard.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 12:07PM

He also said that a few people in Utah practiced it in the 1800s and made it sound as if the Mormon church wasn't even involved. It really upset me at the time. Then when I was in Utah, I told my TBM aunt and uncle what he said, and they didn't believe me that he could have told such an obvious lie. So, we replayed their taped copy, and he said that polygamy is "not doctrinal." They were aghast. Pretty much every line of our family's Mormon history passes through polygamy.

Liars, damn liars, and people who make and love a lie.

Posted by: Anon ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 06:55PM

He also said that Polygamy was allowed "...when the saints moved west" leaving the impression that there was NO polygamy in Joseph's Smith's (Nauvoo) days.

The problem of course is that the church was officially lying about polygamy in those Nauvoo days...It even made a public statement against polygamy.

That is nearly impossible for the church to deal with. Hinckley knew it. How could the church say: "We officially said one thing about marriage, but we were doing the exact opposite in secret. Back then, even many of our OWN MEMBERS didn't know about it."

How's that for LYING!

Posted by: Steve ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 08:51PM

Which he knows to be a lie. He had seven or eight grandparents who were 20th century practicing polygamists. He knows that the president of the church when he was baptised was a practicing polygamist.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 09:32PM

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 05:00AM

And they still lie about their invlovement and protection of the modern present day polygs.

Posted by: Serena ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 01:37PM

Or if that's true, their lives must really suck. If that's the best they've had so far, that doesn't say much for their current or past situation. Separated from family, friends, entertainment, comfortable clothes, freedom, everything a normal, healthy person would value... Nah, they're just lying.

Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 08:21PM

I saw married men say that the mission was the best 2 years.... I then looked at these men's wife and kids and thought "WTF??". The best 2 years of your life was spent walking around trying to convince about a religion. What about SEX with your wife? What about the love you have for your kids???? I was really disheartened.

Posted by: roflmao ( )
Date: February 05, 2011 03:30AM

+1

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 01:55PM

Posted by: en passant ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 03:58PM

http://www.exmormon.org/disease.htm

But lies, apparently, are very useful in a world where the truth is just a Google away.

Take polygamy for example. Most rank-and-file Mormons don't even know that Joseph Smith was a polygamist, so telling them that polygamy was implemented to help the poor husbandless women across the plains, is milk that the faithful readily lap up, along with the pap of two bogus manifestos and the perpetuation of supporting scripture in D&C 132.

They're not just lying--they are lying to protect the lies they've already told.

Posted by: ANON ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 06:59PM

Yet, one the other hand:

...."SOME THINGS THAT ARE LIES ARE VERY PROFITABLE!"

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 04:12PM

Many mormons fake their image to be acceptable in the morg.

Many lie about their testimony.

Mormons are cautioned to preach milk before meat. In other words they withhold the inforation they know investigators and converts want to learn.

Mormons are not allowed to ask or answer many questions so they must deceive themselves and others.

Mormons often have to lie to keep their temple recommends.

Mormons have to claim to love wardmembers they don't enjoy and they have to say they miss people they barely know.

The above is a partial list of common kinds of mormon lies.

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 05:33PM

No mention at all of the 32 or so others.
No mention of 14 year old brides.
No mention of 'other mens' wives!?!?!? What the???

When I knew the extent of Smith interfering with house maids, 14 year olds and other mens wives, hearing 'Oh what Love and devotion Joseph had for Emma' became stomach churning.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 08:02PM

It's a sure sign of systematic and institutionalized lying when you are BIC and never find out the real truth until you are in your 40's.

Pretty much every antimormon lie was the real truth.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: February 05, 2011 03:09AM

I tell mormons who want to discuss it that the reason anti-mormon lit is such a problem for mormons is because it is usually true. (And continuing).... And no, I find mormons more guilty of "taking things out of context" than researchers and historians.

Posted by: billingsrsb ( )
Date: February 05, 2011 12:07AM

I used to love "praise to the man" but after I learned about all the wives of joseph young girls and other men's wives "praise to the man" makes me sick.

Posted by: Anon ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 11:19PM

Something that's born from Lies, can only be kept alive through lies.

Posted by: exBP ( )
Date: February 05, 2011 12:55AM

I get really ticked when I hear about how honest mormons are. If there is one thing mormonism taught me is that THE ENDS DO JUSTIFY THE MEANS! Lie your ass off if it will further LD$, Inc. and its false Profit$.

Dirty rotten bastards. I hope you get your just rewards soon Tommy Monson and Boink K Packer for the suffering and heartache you have inflicted on millions.

Posted by: joesmyth ( )
Date: February 05, 2011 01:11AM

edited by author, decided thread was too serious, no worries

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2011 03:46AM by joesmyth.

Date: February 05, 2011 06:43AM

about the church. (ie why I won't join in baptism).

I told her that it's better she doesn't know as it could shake her faith. This a a single Sister of lifetime BIC involvement and now in her elderly years(wonderful person).

She INSISTED I tell her and Assured me NOTHING could possibly shake her FIRM ROCK SOLID Testimony etc.

So reluctantly I gathered a few bits of information, went to visit her and started with the Head in a Hat thing!

She responded that it was an Anti Mormon lie and that Smith used a breastplate with stones attached somehow etc the Urim and THummim device it was from heaven. She was so certain of that, she was even smiling.

So I asked her to google on LDS website and just check what Elder Nelson says on his talk called A Treasured Testament.

She did that and started reading the bit about the hat and stone...... started to shake noticeably, then started crying, then I had to hold on to her for fear of her collapsing.

It was a nightmare. I'm sure I recall that she even said in a panic that it means the Ensign pics are false then!

I didn't tell her anything else after that. She would have been crushed totally.

She didn't ask 'what else' either.

I knew then I was right to look to escape from it all.

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 11:10AM

And Zeezrom, that is _exactly_ why mormonism is most accurately characterized as a "syndrome" - a self-perpetuated disorder that can induce an implosion on the discovery/revelation of the tiniest factoid from history that is not faith-sustaining.

Edit: typo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2011 12:15PM by 3X.

Date: May 13, 2011 12:00PM

3X

That was a traumatic experience for me and likely worse for the Ward Sister. She really is just so genuine and was absolutely astounded to hear of the Hat and Rock. I reckon she was around 65-70 years of age, BIC etc. She really is nice as a person but bloody naive and trusting of the church leaders bullcrap.

But what chance do people like her have when they are taught from being Born these things and trust their leaders/church.

I'm also suspicious now that she could have been simply serving her calling to get me in! lol She did seem to get me involved with alot of church things, including a temple trip which I thought was just a trip for leisure until later most of the ward members were afterwards asking

"How did it go"? "Did you get a testimony"?

She told me once that she got a Priesthood Blessing telling her that her latest typing/PC skills will be very useful in Celestial Kingdom!( She was doing a basic PC course for starters/pensioners).

The whole thing was just lunacy looking back. hahaha

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 12:18PM

"She told me once that she got a Priesthood Blessing telling her that her latest typing/PC skills will be very useful in Celestial Kingdom!( She was doing a basic PC course for starters/pensioners)."

Hmm - wonder what version of Windows is used in Celestial City?

Windows Delusion Edition? I'll bet it's loaded with bugs ...

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 12:09PM

SHE WAS PROLLY CLOSE TO BEING IN SHOCK!!! :(

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: February 05, 2011 10:00AM

Maybe that's the reason for their obsessive preaching on honesty...

Posted by: k0rni3 ( )
Date: May 12, 2011 11:31PM

Who is Thomas Grover b.1803 Vermont?
Who is Marion Grover b.1809 Vermont?

Who is Reuben Babcock b.1820 New York?
Who is Sarah Elizabeth Bullock b.1819 Illinois?

Why can't I find them? They become me.

Posted by: MollieNomore ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 01:00AM

Who are these people?

Posted by: buckhntr ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 09:16AM

Who is Thomas Grover b.1803 Vermont?

Thomas Grover shows up in some geneology stuff I received from my sister many years ago. I remember that name because it is mentioned in the D&C. It's a small world at times.

Posted by: sweettasteofwoman ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 01:07AM

all those who tell lies like those mormons shall have their part in the lake of fire rev 21:8

any time you see a mormon so called leader lips moving chances are they are lying....

lie

deceive

sidestep = lds

the devil is the father of lies.

telling lies day in and day out sums mormonism up perfectly.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 09:28AM

Love it - your L,D,S words for Mormonism. Perfect!

Posted by: sweettasteofwoman ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 09:55AM

to set the record straight these are someone else words,who I believe is also a former mormon,I just liked them too,cause they sum mormonism up perfectly. I just borrowed them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2011 09:57AM by sweettasteofwoman.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 09:26AM

IT really is as simple as that. They lie. They lie to get people to feel special. Like our whole lives we(us parents) haven't made our kids feel special??? But we love with honesty and they "love" with lies. Our love has always been real. The mishies and friends just love-bomb to get a convert.

IF you all only knew how some of the converts treat their family AFTER they convert. It is something they are taught to do. Some never call or allow their kids to visit with Grandma or Grandpa alone. Why- because now the convert feels superior to their own parents. It is one of the saddest things that happen once a person converts to this D___ cult. Mishies (who joined up as converts) don't want to go home after the 2 yrs. to visit their family. They just want to go straight to the college they plan on attending (BYU of course). I am fortunate as my convert daughter and I still have a good relationship. WE just DON'T talk religion at all.

Posted by: Gwylym ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 12:05PM

Its OK to lie as long as you are lying for the Lord, right? Right? Right? . . .

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 12:12PM

+100

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 12:14PM

If Polygamy is truly "not doctrinal", then why did Gordon perform it as an official ordinance and then say he had "nothing to do with it"
and why does he throw around the date 1890 when he did it in 1990 .... oh thats right BECAUSE PRofit GORDON HINCKLEY IS A LIAR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n_Pg4F0EpY

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.