Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: utahstateagnostics ( )
Date: October 10, 2013 03:28PM

Since TSCC won't acknowledge them in GC, I want to make a list here.

Let's put name, hometown, mission country, and a link to an article.

The most recent one:

Colt Daniel Kunz, from Victor Idaho, Mexico

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=27192229&nid=148&title=lds-missionary-in-mexico-killed-by-live-electrical-wire&fm=home_page&s_cid=featured-2

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 10, 2013 03:31PM

Date: October 10, 2013 03:33PM

Peter Allen Maugon, from Washington, Mexico

http://www.mundoveracruzano.com/?p=17382

Posted by: ASteve ( )
Date: October 10, 2013 05:31PM

Maughan.

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: October 10, 2013 03:38PM

I just realized that I know this family. : (

Posted by: Albinolamanite ( )
Date: October 10, 2013 03:49PM

Mormon missionary deaths this year:

1. Taylor Shane Ward » The 19-year-old from Vacaville, Calif., died last month after the compact car he was riding in was hit by a pickup near Rockford in southeastern Idaho. Ward was serving in the Idaho Pocatello Mission.

2. Jose Daniel Encarnacion Montero » The 20-year-old from the Dominican Republic was killed Aug. 31 in Colombia by a stray bullet.

3. Jason Reid Wiberg » The Roy 19-year-old was fatally hit by a car while riding a bicycle Aug. 25 in Malaysia.

4. Thomas Milo Bennett » The 21-year-old LDS missionary from Window Rock, Ariz., suffered cardiac arrest and died Aug. 3 in a hospital in Casper, Wyo.

5. Juan Junior Litano Montero » The 20-year-old missionary in the Peru Piura Mission died in July of tuberculous meningoencephalitis.

6. Joshua Allen Burton » The 23-year-old, from Alberta, Canada, died in Guatemala on July 22, when a truck he was riding in overturned.

7. Siosiua “Josh” Taufa » The Salt Lake City 20-year-old was electrocuted June 19 in Guatemala while trying to fix a family’s leaky roof. Taufa was the son of Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Aiveni “Ivan” Taufa, a member of Gov. Gary Herbert’s security team.

8. Jeffrey Rogil Guerra Alfaro » The 22-year-old from Lidingo, Sweden, was serving in the Utah Provo Mission in May, when he suffered a fatal aneurysm while jogging with his missionary companion.

9. Alesa Renee Smith » The 22-year-old from Benton, Ark., was killed in Woodward, Okla., on Feb. 1, when she was hit by a truck while on her bicycle.

10. George Peter Solie » The 21-year-old Kansas native had served for a year in the Utah Salt Lake City West Mission when he died Jan. 23 from an unidentified medical condition.

Posted by: Albinolamanite ( )
Date: October 10, 2013 03:51PM

Add Kunz and Maugon to this list and that makes 12. TWELVE dead kids sent to die for nothing.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: October 10, 2013 04:15PM

If TSCC was true, these would be tragic deaths. The fact that it is a fraud is just plain WRONG,!!

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: October 10, 2013 05:42PM

I propose Susan I/S posts a "In Memoriam" page listing the names of LDS missionaries who died.

Date: October 10, 2013 05:43PM

Seconded

Posted by: AIT ( )
Date: October 10, 2013 08:00PM

Seconded

Posted by: msp ( )
Date: October 11, 2013 04:14PM

Seconded for the third time. It's gotten so frequent that when I see a topic about a missionary death I first assume it's about the one the occured last week/month. Not so, unfortunately.

Posted by: morgana ( )
Date: October 10, 2013 08:15PM

Fourth-ed

Date: October 11, 2013 01:08PM

13. Andrew Edward Page, from Charlotte NC, killed October 11th when he was struck by a vehicle in Southern California.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.