Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 12:57AM

A good thing about Brigham Young's street grid system is that if traffic is bad on one street, you can take a parallel street a block or two over. Simple and effective, right?

Well, I was on Main Street in Logan this afternoon and it was packed. Where the hell did all these people come from? And why the hell were they all taking Main? I jogged over to 2nd west and it was like a ghost town. And instead of traffic lights where you waited and waited, there were just a handful of quick 4-way stops. Easy-peasy.

Have Loganites really turned into such sheep since I went to school there in the '70s?

Must. Take. Main. Street.

Follow. The. Prophet.

Must. Take. Main. Street.

Follow. The. prophet...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jong1064 ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 12:35PM

I live in Salt Lake and I laugh at that all the time. Two left turn lanes, one is always full, the other completely empty. Do these people not know how to merge? Or are they just so used to following that they line up like - oh yeah - SHEEP!

Posted by: wonderingnomore ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 01:03PM

Hey Mutt,

I just drove through that mess, too. I've lived in Logan for 20 years. Actually, today, you ran into Utah State University's homecoming parade.

What brings you to Logan?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.