Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: September 13, 2013 02:29PM

The clip details how Rebecca Musser was forced to become the 19th wife of Rulon Jeffs, when she was 19 and he was 85. This one isn't for weak stomachs, incidentally.

http://www.today.com/video/today/52999777/#52999777

Rebecca was instrumental in building the case against Warren Jeffs and testifying against him in the trial which saw him receive a life sentence for child sexual abuse.

The video notes that it will be part of a two hour Dateline special tonight. Here's another link that includes an excerpt from her book.

http://www.today.com/books/author-emancipates-herself-polygamous-cult-witness-wore-red-8C11137865

Those "in the know" just have to cheer loudly for the title, "The Witness Wore Red."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Once More ( )
Date: September 13, 2013 02:52PM

You can talk about the abuses in polygamist colonies all day long without coming up with the personal, hit-you-in-the-gut memorable nature of Rebecca's account.

Warren Jeff's telling her, "I will break you."

This is just too awful.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: September 13, 2013 03:05PM

Besides what you noted, the following caught my attention...

>As one of the younger children, I sat on the lap of my oldest sister, Christine. The seven of us watched the blocks roll past, as Mom drove us from our home on Cascade Way, in the Salt Lake City neighborhood of Mount Olympus, straight up into the green foothills of the awe‑inspiring Wasatch Mountains.

That one isn't 300 miles away in Colorado City/Hilldale; that one is my old neighborhood.

Date: September 13, 2013 03:42PM

Exactly. Polygamists are everywhere. I'm sure I've driven past Rebecca Musser's previous home and school many times.

Posted by: Saucie ( )
Date: September 13, 2013 03:24PM

Thanks for the heads up Cabbie..... I'll be sure to watch.

Posted by: Fluffy ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 11:41AM

Mormons are still the same today. They just don't talk about it!

Posted by: runningyogi ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 11:56AM

How my Mom and Sisters continue to be TBM's and ignore all of this is beyond me. I mean, is there really any difference in Warren Jeff's and early Mormondum? The brain washing, guilt, fear,power trip....... is the same. Thank God for her courage to stand up and take a stand with her Sister. LDS and FLDS is one and the same in so many way's and Hinkley lies about it.

Posted by: Jilly ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 01:38PM

Tuning into Dateline last night, I was so freaking ANGRY while listening to Warren Jeffs' speech cadence---it's completely Mormony-sounding...that sing-song, gently admonishing BS. OMG, and the audio of him having sex with a child bride. I'm sure he's in solitary confinement, but how is it another prisoner hasn't taken out that bony old f#ck already?

The FLDS leadership is exactly like the mainstream Mo's. They're just more open about wanting the power of pubically collecting wives and controlling the members lives.

Posted by: utahmonomore ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 07:38PM

Darn it, I missed it!!!! Any idea when it is going to air again???

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: September 15, 2013 02:54AM

you will after watching this documentary.

And to think, it all goes back to that reptilian charlatan that the LDS church still glorifies - Joseph Smith.

Cult. Bloody, filthy cult.

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: September 15, 2013 04:13PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXnSOW0MZ1A

I just watched it, in spite of Keith Morrison's extremely annoying narration and in spite of the creepy feelings I get from seeing and hearing the FLDS. It just feels way too familiar. Am I the only one?

I have a hard time understanding how Mormons can see and hear that stuff and not realize IT'S THEIR SAME RELIGION.

Posted by: brook ( )
Date: September 15, 2013 10:56AM

So much of that dateline story sounds just like the LDS church. It's so unique, the Mormon phrases and beliefs, that it's discusting to see FLDS is so much the same. Don't Mormons feel complete and udder disgust watching that? Do you think Mormons would even sit down to watch that dateline episode?

Date: September 15, 2013 01:02PM

Here is the YouTube link to part 1 of the 12 part documentary. From, this part one video you can choose to view all twelve parts in sequence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDRMJd8-XEI

Posted by: Bobihor ( )
Date: September 15, 2013 02:23PM

I just got finished watching it. It made me tear up in several places, and sick to my stomach in other places.

The following quote came to mind as I watched:

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful."

Warren Jeffs knew he was a phony. I mean...Disneyland, Mardi Gras, strip clubs?? He was merely the 2nd coming of Joseph Smith in the horny dept., and he found the FLDS religion useful as a means to that end.

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: September 15, 2013 02:35PM

Date: September 15, 2013 03:03PM

This link works just fine for me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDRMJd8-XEI

This link leads to an even easier viewing experience:
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3032600/#53005764

Date: September 15, 2013 04:26PM

The documentary makes the point that the 12-year-old girl in the rape recording made by Jeffs (audio only) returned to Short Creek after Jeffs was put in jail.

She lives there as "the prophet's wife."

That little girl's life took a drastic turn for the worse when Jeff forced her to say "Amen" while he was raping her in front of an audience of other Yearning for Zion sheeple.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.